Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations either via phone, email or regular mail. If you need any documentation signed or dropped off, feel free to drop it off through our office door mail slot. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Avoiding Ancillary Probate

  • My Highest
    Honor Is
    Representing You

    I am dedicated to providing legal services focused on integrity and diligence.

    Hire Someone You Trust
  • More Than
    45 Years' Experience

    With decades of hands-on experience, I can provide the legal services you need.

    Hire Someone With Experience
  • Representing Your Relative‚Äôs Best Interest

    When administering their estate, I will honor your loved one's wishes.

    Let Me Help Your Family
  • Offering

    I am here to assist you with all your probate and estate planning needs.

    Schedule Your Consultation

Avoiding Ancillary Probate

Ancillary probate occurs when a deceased person lives in one state, but also owns property in another state. The real estate located in another state, has to pertain to that state’s specific laws, instead of where the person actually lived.

After a person dies, their loved ones will have to go through the probate process, which can be tiring, expensive, and time-consuming. Ancillary probate is the second probate process, which can bring on an additional load of stresses. For this stage, it is important to obtain an attorney from the state in which your deceased loved one owned property.

Avoiding Ancillary Probate

In order to avoid your family having to go through an ancillary probate after your death, it is important to plan ahead with the help of a Miami estate planning attorney. If you own real estate in another state, there are ways to evade ancillary probate.

Firstly, if you own the property with someone else, ancillary probate can be bypassed if your joint owenership falls under the following:

  • Joint tenancy
  • Tenancy by the entirely
  • Right of survivorship

You may also be able to put the out-of-state property in a living trust, naming a successor trustee for your property. Another way to avoid ancillary probate is to record a transfer-on-death deed, which can let your survivor inherit the property without probate.

If you wish to obtain further information, contact a Miami estate planning attorney from Susan E. Durre today!

Frequently Asked Questions

Does everyone have to go through probate? Unless an estate is worth less than $75,000, formal administration, or regular probate, is necessary. There are ways to avoid the probate process , such as setting up revocable trusts or gifting a certain amount of money or assets to beneficiaries while you are still alive.
Read More FAQs
Susan E. Durre - Miami Probate Lawyer
Located at 6601 SW 80th Street, Suite 121
South Miami, FL 33143.
View Map
Phone: (305) 600-5677
© 2021 All Rights Reserved.

Representing You

Is My Highest Honor

Get started with a FREE case consultation.

Call Toll-Free 305.600.5677
Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.